UCCS INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Mission, Functions and Bylaws.
The mission of the Intercollegiate Athletics Advisory Committee (IAAC)
is to serve as the primary oversight group for all aspects of the
University's intercollegiate athletics program. It shall work closely
with the UCCS Athletic Director to recommend policies and serve as a
sounding board for the department. The campus philosophy of
"student-athletes" shall guide the committee in all of its actions.
The IAAC reports directly to the Chancellor. Since it serves in an
advisory role, it shall submit written reports of any motions to the
Chancellor and copies of these reports will be sent to the President
of the Faculty Senate.
- Advise on the sanction of individual sports, conference
affiliation and association memberships.
- Assist the Athletic Director in compliance with the regulations as
established by the governing body of the National Collegiate
Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Recommend policy on issues
concerning intercollegiate athletics.
- Link the intercollegiate athletic programs to the university's
academic programs in every way possible.
- Monitor and assist in the development of departmental budgets.
- Assist in interviewing and recommending coaching candidates to the
- Serve as an appeals board when departmental avenues have been
- Hear and act on eligibility appeals in accord with established
- Meet monthly during the school year.
- Four Faculty. One shall be the Faculty Athletics Representative.
The remaining three will be recommended by the president of the
Faculty Senate, and appointed by the chancellor or the
chancellor's designee. These members will serve staggered 3 year
terms (one replaced each year) and may serve a maximum of two
- Two staff, recommended by the president of the Staff Council and
appointed by the Chancellor. Staff serve two-year terms, with one
member appointed each year. Staff may serve a maximum of two
- Three students, a student athlete recommended by the captain's
council and two students recommended by the student government
executives, all appointed by the Chancellor. Students serve one-
year terms and may be re-appointed.
- Ex-officio members:
- UCCS Athletic Director (voting except on eligibility appeals)
- Dean for Student Life (voting)
- UBAC member (voting)
- Academic Coordinator for Athletics (non-voting)
- Financial Aid representative (non-voting)
- Member Emeritus:
- Professor Ken Rebman
- As set forth by the Chancellor, the chair of the committee shall
be one of the four faculty members. The term of this elected
position shall be one-year. Elections shall be held in the last
meeting (May) of the spring semester
Changes approved by Chancellor: April 11, 2002